Saturday, July 24, 2010

MoneyPenny's SoySations


I am so absolutely happy to have found MoneyPenny's SoySations!  Until I was contacted by Angie, I hadn't been lucky enough to come upon her site!  MoneyPenny specializes in soy candles and tarts and is based out of Clinton, Illinois.  The owner is just an absolute sweet heart who's customer service is amazing.  So rather than talk your ear off further, let's get on to the review!


Apperance: 
For this review, I received 10 packs of clamshell melts in the standard container.  Each was clearly and beautifully labeled with the scent and website/contact information for MoneyPenny's.  I love the clamshell packs because they are easy to store and stack!
I also received 3 adorable 8oz jelly jar candles with beautiful rustic/bronze lids.  They also came clearly labeled, as well as having a sticker to indicate the cure date...a VERY nice touch.  


Scents:
Clamshell tart packs - 
  • Lemon Meringue Pie - This is a perfect balance between the lemon and a delicious pie crust/bakery type scent.  The lemon does not overpower the bakery aspect, as a lot of other vendors' tend to do.
  • Key Lime Pie - Again, this balances the lime and crust scent very well.  I also get a lot of butter smell from this which is just pure heaven!
  • Hot Fudge Brownie - Perfect fudge scent!  No fake chocolate smell here, folks!
  • Creamy Caramel - This has to be my all-time favorite caramel smell.  Wow.  It just oozes deliciousness! 
  • Citrus Sunburst - Another great one from MoneyPenny's!  Citrus tends to be a hit-or-miss scent due to the tendency for one citrus scent to overpower the others.  Not the case here.  I get equal amounts of all the notes!
  • Basil Sage Mint - I'm definitely not a huge basil fan.  It tends to irritate my nose, but this is actually really well done.  The basil and the mint work together to mellow each other out and it works perfectly.
  • Black Currant Vanilla - This is a great one if you tend to like the cologne/perfume type scents.  To me, it smells like a sexy man cologne!  Very strong throw.
  • Banana Cream Pie - This is one of my favorites from the order, mostly because it's an authentic banana smell, as opposed to the fake/candy scent I usually get from vendors.  I don't get a lot of bakery from this one on cold sniff, but I haven't melted it yet and it's sure to smell entirely different when I do.
  • Vanilla Bean - All you vanilla lovers out there....TRY MONEYPENNY'S VANILLA BEAN!!  Man, this is good!  And the throw was really impressive for a vanilla scent :)
  • Strawberry Cheesecake - This one smelled a little different than I expected.  Rather than the typical crust-heavy scent from most cheesecakes, it actually smelled more like a creamy strawberry.  I like this one a whole bunch!  Yummy!
8oz Jelly Jar Candles -
  • Purely Pomegranate - I'm not sure if it was intentional, but this smells like an exact dupe of Scentsy's Pomegranate, which I absolutely adore!  It's a full, robust berry scent that throws like crazy!  So juicy and something I highly recommend.
  • Cake Batter Ice Cream - Ooooh one of my favorite scents!  I've tried this from some vendors before and it's always a hit.  The one thing that made this stand out was it's throw.  Most Cake Batter Ice Cream's that I've tried have been rather light, which is understandable seeing as how the creamy scents just aren't that strong by nature.  This however, was a heavy hitter!  (And from a little 8oz jar!)
  • Mango Sorbet - I'm a very, very picky critic of mango scents.  So when I tell you how much I liked this one, you'll know I'm not messin' around!!  This is such a great smell!  A delicious, creamy blend of mango that will make your mouth water, for sure!
Performance: 
This was one of the most impressive aspects of MoneyPenny's.  Of all the tarts I melted, I never got less than 12 hours of strong throw.  On top of that, the wax was super easy to pop out of my melters.  Her candles have a great throw, especially considering the size!  The burn time on the candles seems to be quite awhile and I'm more than happy with them.  I almost wish I could come up with something negative to say so this didn't seem like such a wishy-washy review but...alas, I can't think of a single thing! MoneyPenny's has some great stuff and you need to run - not walk - over to her site to check everything out!  There's also a Facebook Page you need to keep an eye one for current information and sales!